Just like Pop-Tarts, Taylor Swift, and Diet Coke, Harvard is basically a household name. Admittedly, there are some downsides to brand name recognition, but, for better or for worse, Harvard has gotten a significant amount of airtime over the years. FM creates the magazine equivalent of a cutesy mid-season montage of some of the most notable Harvard references in television history.

30 Rock
With former Lampoon members Matt R. Hubbard ’01 and Robert M. Carlock ’95 in the writing room, "30 Rock" is a gold mine for those who demand Harvard references in their television programming. The token Harvard character on the show is James Spurlock, nicknamed "Toofer" by Alec Baldwin’s Jack Donaghy because, as he puts it, "with him you get a two-for-one; he’s a black guy and a Harvard guy."

Winter Madness, Season 4, Episode 11
Toofer: "You know, I went to college in Boston. Well not in Boston, but nearby. No, not Tufts."
Liz Lemon: (about Toofer) "I don’t know if he mentioned this to you 100 times, but he went to Harvard."
Jack Donaghy: "So we know he’s smart and superb at masturbation."
Criss: "Wesleyan is the Harvard of central Connecticut!"
Liz: "Yale is the Harvard of central Connecticut."

The Simpsons
More than 20 Harvard alums have tried their hand at writing for "The Simpsons." The writers appear to have a knack for using addresses located in Cambridge and Harvard Square in the show. If you keep an eye out, the fake driver’s license Homer’s mother is issued says the address 44 Bow Street, and Springfield Elementary School has a street address of 19 Plympton Street. Oh, and we can’t forget the museum curator in Season 7, Episode named Hollis Hurlbut.

The Front, Season 4, Episode 19
Roger Meyers: "Hey, egghead, sing ‘Fair Harvard’!"
Writer begins to sing and Meyers throws trash at him.
Writer: "You sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie."

MoneyBART, Season 21, Episode 18
Marge: "Sweetie, you can still go to McGill—the Harvard of Canada."
Lisa: "Anything that’s the something of the something, isn’t really the anything of anything."

Family Guy
Family Guy has an entire episode dedicated to Harvard, where Peter Griffin and his buds take a trip to what they call "the smartest school in the country." Thanks, Peter!

The Giggity Wife, Season 11, Episode 11
Bar patron: "Look there’s the Winklevoss twins! Let’s get a drink—"
Winklevoss: "Drink, let’s get a drink, I thought of it first."
The Pope: "Are you sure this is Boston?"
Peter Griffin: "Yeah, it’s Boston. See look, there’s Harvard."
The Pope: "That’s just a barn."
Peter Griffin: "Ooh. Someone went to Yale!"

Suits
This series about a law firm in New York City could probably be renamed "Harvard Law Dudes Plus One Poser," because that’s essentially all it is. The main character, Mike Ross, escapes a sting operation by ducking into an interview for a high-profile firm and pretending to be a Harvard grad. There’s not much more to say here, except the cast occasionally breaks out into a chorus "Ten Thousand Men of Harvard".

Conflicts of Interest, Season 4, Episode 3
Banker: "You think you’re the first lawyer who’s tried to outsmart us? We’re not lawyers, we’re investment bankers—we call you for the paperwork. We didn’t go to Harvard, we went to Wharton, and we saw you coming a mile away."